AKS offers direct replacement shell & tube heat exchangers, condensers and tube nests manufactured to your needs. These can be manufactured from a pattern, basis drawings or a survey on your site, plant or vessel.
Directly replacing a shell and tube heat exchanger is often much quicker and more cost effective than going back to the original manufacturer (OEM).
We manufacture both main and auxiliary engine oil coolers, water coolers and steam condensers from our our works plant in Sheffield. These are all built to specification and come with third-party inspection such as Lloyds Register, or as requested.
We also manufacture replacement tube nests, which are fully pressure tested and again, come with third-party inspection if required.
Do you need emergency breakdown assistance or have a general enquiry about your shell and tube heat exchanger?
Our range of brand new shell and tube heat exchangers, condensers and tube nests are built according to customer performance data. They are ideally suited to one-off bespoke or small run production.
AKS can design complete heat exchangers or tube nests to fit within a client’s specific requirements and footprint, from a variety of materials to suit your needs.
We make both water-to-water or water-to-oil shell and tube heat exchangers. They come with a maximum working pressure of 10-30 BAR G and a flow rate of 20-300 LPM depending on cooler selection. As standard, our units are provided with the following specification:
- 90/10 cupro-nickel, 70/30 cupro-nickel or titanium tubes.
- Naval brass, 90/10 cupro-nickel, 70/30 cupro-nickel or titanium tube plates are available as standard for polluted waters.
- Aluminium shells.
- Gun metal (bronze) headers.
- Nitrile seals (Viton seals are available for applications where operating temperatures exceed 100ºC)
- Quick delivery times available for most products
- Manufactured in Sheffield, England