AKS Range of Plate Heat Exchangers
Our range of gasketed plate heat exchangers are designed to provide thermally efficient solutions for most HVAC or process applications. All AKS plate heat exchangers offer many built-in design features for great performance and ease of maintenance.
Features & Specification
- Compact Design – Reduction in weight and dimensions due to high heat transfer capabilities.
- Minimised Fouling – Due to optimal coverage over plate providing an even flow, avoiding cold spots, enabling turbulent flow over plate.
- Close Approach Temperatures – Due to large surface areas (not available in shell and tube heat exchangers).
- Easy Installation – Compact design allows for easy installation and maintenance.
- Inspection & Maintenance – Easy inspection and maintenance can be undertaken within the footprint of the heat exchanger.
- Easy upgrading – AKS PHE’s can be easily upgraded to meet further expansions.
- Plates – AKS plates can be 304-316 stainless steel or titanium.
- Gaskets – A selection of high quality gasket material is available including NBR, EPDM & Viton.
Plate Heat Exchanger Applications
- Hot Water Heating – Plate heat exchangers are ideally suited for domestic hot water services in hospitals, hotels, leisure centres, prisons, military bases and production facilities.
- Process Hot Water – Where large or small amounts of instantaneous hot water is required for food processing, waste down applications and production facilities without the need to store large quantities of water.
- Heat Recovery – Maximising heat recovery from waste energy.
- Oil Cooling & Heating – Ideal for process oil cooling and pre-heaters.
- Swimming Pool Heating – Used to supply and maintain pools to required temperatures.
- Engine Coolers – Jacket engine water coolers and oil coolers
- District Heating Systems – When large quantities of hot water are required for heating and process services.
- Chemical, Oil & Gas – Plate heat exchangers are ideally suited for many processes within the chemical and oil & gas industries.